Today we will discuss Goals and Ambitions, Goal is a predetermined result or end that one strives to achieve. Ambitions are a strong desire to achieve success or power, often requiring determination and hard work.
1. A goal is something that you plan to achieve or accomplish. It is usually specific, measurable, and time-bound.
2. An ambition, on the other hand, is more of a general desire or aspiration. It is often long-term but not necessarily specific or measurable.
3. A goal is an achievable end; an ambition is a broad desire.
4. Goals have clear objectives; ambitions have lofty vision.
5. Goals are something that you plan; ambitions are something you wish for.
Joining us for our discussion on Goals and Ambitions is Dr. Willie Jolley who is on the phone from his office in Washington DC office. He is a multi-talented person. He is a bestselling author, Hall of Fame speaker . Award winning singer. He is also the producer of the mastering your money theme music. In 2023, he became the Joseph R. Biden Presidential Lifetime Achievement Award winner. In 1991, Willie decide to become a full time speaker with less than $200 in bank, a mortgage to pay, a family to support and a dream of success. He can be heard every weekend on XM radio. His book is the Turn Setbacks Into Greenbacks: 7 Secrets for Going Up in Down Times. Welcome back to Mastering Your Money, Willie and thank-you for the use of the theme music.